Making a Halloween Pumpkin (with Arduino)
It’s Halloween time again! Today I gonna make a Halloween pumpkin!
Wait… As a geek, why not make a Arduino powered pumpkin with wield lighting effect?
Sounds great, so let’s start.
1. Firstly, prepare a medium size pumpkin, of course. Open the top and make it as a lid.
2. Then clean the inside and sketch the pattern you want with a mark pen. Carve the pattern with a knife. It is not as difficult as it looks like and it only took me 10 minutes. This is what I have done here:
3. Prepare your Arduino (I used UNO here), LED source (I used LoL led shield) and power. Program the Arduino with the LED pattern you like. I wrote a program with the LED fading in and fading out like breathing and it turned out to be great.
4. To protect the circuit, I suggest you use a film to cover the Arduino before put it into the pumkin:
5. Power the Arduino and now you got a really scary Arduino pumpkin now. Happy Halloween!!